10 Hour - Yin Yoga Teacher Training
During this weekend, we’ll focus on this rapidly growing style of yoga called Yin Yoga. Working from the “yinside” out, we will explore the main postures of yin yoga, the benefits of this style of practice, and basic anatomy necessary to understand how different bodies create different shapes. The training is open to both current and aspiring yoga teachers, as well as enthusiastic students who wish to spend the weekend immersed in all things Yin. You’ll leave this weekend with the foundation and ability to guide yourself and your students safely and effectively into a wide variety of yin poses. This course also qualifies for 10 hours of CE credit with Yoga Alliance for registered yoga teachers.
We’ll be focusing on:
· The history and philosophy of yin yoga
· The main poses of yin yoga
· What is connective tissue and fascia
· What areas of the body each pose intends to stretch or open
· Modifications and prop use for each pose
· Counterposes and Rebound
· Compression vs Tension
· Discussion of anatomy specific to this practice (skeletal variation)
· How to “read and understand” varying body types/limitations in this practice
· Discussion of physical, energetic and mental benefits of the practice
· How to build a class (sequencing, timing, music, intention, etc.)
Qualifies for 10 hours of CE (continuing education) for Yoga Alliance certified yoga teachers.
$199 for early bird (SAVE $50!)
$249 after 3/28
Saturday, April 11, 12:30-5:30pm
Sunday, April 12, 12:30-5:30 pm
Contact yogapura.com or call 602.843.PURA to get signed up!