During this weekend, we’ll focus on this rapidly growing style of yoga called Yin Yoga. Working from the “yinside” out, we will explore the main postures of yin yoga, the benefits of this style of practice, and basic anatomy necessary to understand how different bodies create different shapes. You'll be introduced to Paul Grilley's "Functional Approach to Yoga" and how it works with the teachings of yin.
This training is open to both current and aspiring yoga teachers, as well as enthusiastic students who wish to spend the weekend immersed in all things Yin. You’ll leave this weekend with the foundation and ability to guide yourself and your students safely and effectively into a wide variety of yin poses.
This course also qualifies for 15 hours of CE credit with Yoga Alliance for registered yoga teachers.
We’ll be focusing on:
· The history and philosophy of yin yoga
· The main poses of yin yoga
· What is connective tissue and fascia
· What areas of the body each pose intends to stretch or open
· Modifications and prop use for each pose
· Counterposes and Rebound
· Compression vs Tension
· Discussion of anatomy specific to this practice (skeletal variation) - The Functional Approach to Yoga
· How to “read and understand” varying body types/limitations in this practice as a teacher
· Discussion of physical, energetic and mental benefits of the practice
· Discussion of basic chakras and meridians associated with the practice; as well as introduction into mindfulness meditation practices
· How to build a class (sequencing, timing, music, props, intention, etc.)
AND - you'll get actual practice time teaching each other what you've just learned!
Please bring either Bernie Clark's book - The Complete Guide to Yin Yoga or Sarah Powers book - Insight Yoga for reference.
$299 for early bird (SAVE $50!) if you sign up by Sept 29th
Saturday, 10:00am - 1:00pm (1 hour lunch break) & 2:00 - 5:00pm
Sunday, 10:00am - 1:00pm (1 hour lunch break) & 2:00 - 5:00pm
Contact yogapura.com or call 602.843.PURA to get signed up!