Join Yin Expert, Melissa Christensen, ERYT500, YACEP for three wonderful days full of yin yoga!
We will spend the weekend exploring the many postures of yin yoga, the physical, mental and energetic benefits of this style of practice, and the anatomy necessary to understand how different bodies create different shapes. We will look more closely at Paul Grilley's "Functional Approach to Yoga" and how it works with the teachings of yin and yang asana. We'll also dive a bit deeper into meridian theory and how it relates to yin poses.
This training is open to both current and aspiring yoga teachers, as well as enthusiastic students who wish to spend the weekend immersed in all things Yin. You’ll leave this weekend with the foundation and ability to guide yourself and your students safely and effectively into a wide variety of yin poses.
This course also qualifies for 20 hours of CE credit with Yoga Alliance for registered yoga teachers.
We’ll be focusing on:
· The history and philosophy of yin yoga
· The main poses of yin yoga
· Newer yin poses that target the upper body
· The Functional Approach to Yoga
· Skeletal variation and how it affects the shape of the pose
· Anatomy review to support the Functional Approach
· Understanding connective tissue and fascia
· Stressing tissues through Compression and Tension
· Target areas of the poses
· Modifications and prop use
· Chinese Meridian theory as it relates to yin
· Introduction into mindfulness meditation practices
· How to build a class (sequencing, timing, music, props, intention)
You'll also get practice time teaching each other what you've just learned! Putting this knowledge into action.
Required books: either Bernie Clark's - The Complete Guide to Yin Yoga or Sarah Powers' - Insight Yoga for reference.
$385 for early bird (SAVE $40!)
$425 after Sept 6
Saturday, 9:30am - 1:30pm (1 hour lunch break) & 2:30 - 6:30pm
Sunday, 9:30am - 1:30pm (1 hour lunch break) & 2:30 - 6:30pm
Southtown Yoga Loft - Downtown
724 S. Alamo, Suite 2 (Above La Frite Belgian Bistro)
San Antonio, TX 78205
CALL to Sign up TODAY! 210-931-3301